Monday, August 1, 2011

Movie Monday: Must Watch Actresses List

As you may have noticed, there's a list of 5 actresses on the right sidebar. Now this isn't a shallow list that ranks the women because of their Hotness. While that does factor in, they also need to be able to act because there are hot girls in soap operas, but I'm not DVR-ing Days of Our Lives, or buying it on DVD (Do they put Soap Operas on DVD?). So enjoy the first installment of my Must Watch Actresses List.


5. Sarah Michelle Gellar

Well, it's nice to see my original favorite kick ass woman make an appearance on the inaugural list. Sarah had all but disappeared from mainstream film and TV following the alright final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. After appearing in the awful Grudge 2, she began working the independent scene, including the insane but must see, Southland Tales along side Justin Timberlake and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Now, she is returning to the small screen in the CW thriller, Ringer, in which she plays a dual role as twin sisters. Needless to say I will be glued to this show no matter how awful the writing or the acting of her co-stars.

4. Alexis Bledel

Wow, has Rory Gilmore grown up. After all these years, those piercing blue eyes still make me stop and watch whatever movie or episode of Gilmore Girls I happen to come across. From the first time I saw her in Tuck Everlasting to my anticipation to see the Conspirator, I will watch her in anything including an embarrassing amount of viewings of The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (you may see two of her three co-star appear on this list at some point). She has a new movie about two teenage assassins with The Lovely Bones' Saoirse Ronan, in which Bledel looks to add action (and a new level of fandom of yours truly) to her resume.

3. Rachel Bilson

I watched the O.C. Yes, the whole series. Even that god awful fourth season with Hercules. And the reason I kept coming back episode after episode: Summer Roberts. Bilson has kept me tuned in to many movies and TV shows that I wouldn't have thought twice about. For example, 2006's The Last Kiss (really, it's been five years) was a tolerable movie, but I would have surely turned it off if Bilson's gorgeous smile never appeared on screen. With her new project from O.C. creator Josh Schwartz, Hart of Dixie, scheduled to premiere in the fall, I will finally be getting my weekly fill of Summer again.

2. Dianna Agron

Have I watched Glee? Yes. Will I admit it if you asked me? Maybe. Thankfully for my manhood, Agron starred in the respectable, I am Number Four, with Timothy Oly-fantastic, and future member of this list, Teresa Palmer (ah, accents). The smokey voice (I love a girl that's perfected the art of whisper talking), the stunning green eyes, and she can actually sing. She has the rare talent to pull off the local outcast loner and the poplar cheerleader, and not look out of place. The only other actress I've seen pull it off convincingly was Mandy Moore. Looking forward to her next big screen project, but for now I'll just look at her GQ photo shoot.

1. Emma Stone

It will be awfully hard to unseat Emma from the top spot. She's smart, quick-witted, beautiful, and one hell of an actress. I first discovered the future A-list star on the short-lived, little known 2007 Fox series, Drive, with underrated actor, Nathan Fillion. There's not much I can say that watching Stone's acting wouldn't say better. Start with Easy A, then proceed to Superbad, House Bunny, and then finish with Zombieland. If she doesn't instantly became one of your must watch actresses, then I don't know why your reading my blog.

*This list is very fluid, and actresses will come on and off, and move up and down frequently, so this is by no means definitive. Keep your eyes on the list, and when it changes I will explain why in the Monday post.


If you disagree, please feel free to leave an actress you would put on this list in the comments, or tweet it to @offthemarktweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment