Monday, August 1, 2011

Introduction

Hello, Everyone!

This first post will explain what to expect each day from this blog. I will be updating it Monday through Friday, and each day will have a theme.

Let's start with...

MOVIE MONDAYS

Starting next week (not tomorrow), this post will either contain a review of a movie in theaters, a rant of some kind, or thoughts on a phenomenon in the movie industry.

Tomorrow's post will explain the list you see in the sidebar.

DVD TUESDAYS

This will be dedicated to three things: Reviews of popular movies that were released on DVD/Blu-ray that week, a recommendation of a previously released DVDs that you may have missed, and a special monthly segment called, "Why Do I Own That?!!," where I write about a DVD in my personal library which is either embarrassing or a guilty pleasure.

TV THURSDAYS

Obviously, this is when I discuss all things on the small screen. There will be reviews of new series, recommendations of current, cancelled, or classic series and a special split post titled "How Did/Didn't that show get cancelled?" Also, within each post I will dedicate a section for the rant/observation/opinion of the week. Sort of like Jerry Springer's final thoughts.

SPORTS FRIDAY

I will lead you into the weekend with my thoughts on the sports stories of the past week, and a look ahead at the week to come.

When college football begins, I will also include my "Game of the Week." A segment which will discuss and predict the most noteworthy contest of the week, and will continue through March Madness, covering only college athletics (except the Super Bowl, of course).

The weekend will be for special posts or for answering questions for you, the loyal readers. Also, look out for the podcast that will be added for Sunday in the near future!

No, I didn't forget Wednesday. If you read the poll below, I'm allowing you to vote on it. The first Wednesday post will be for the week of the 8th.

Finally, I hope you decide to come along on this journey with me as I trek into the world of blogging. I look forward to reading all suggestions, questions and/or snide remarks. Also be sure to follow me on Twitter @offthemarktweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment